Thursday, November 4, 2010

All about change!

This post will be about change and how change affects us. I knew for a long time that my condo was for sale, and when it sold I would be moving on, yet now that escrow has closed I am filled with a feeling I can't identify. It isn't quite sadness, or anything negative. It just feels strange. I have lived in this area of San Diego for 10 years, and it feels weird to be leaving it. Yet I started my time in San Diego in the south bay - so it's familiar to me too.

So what is happening, I realized, is that I am resisting change. My old life is dying, and a new birth is occuring. That's what Jesus demonstrated to us on the cross. We have to die sometimes to be reborn into something much greater. And while we are on the cross - resistance - it feels horrid. We've all heard the phrase, "One door closes, and another one opens". Never a truer word has been spoken. But you can't open the new door while the old one is still open - that's the catch. And we humans sometimes want to do that. We say "Just let me take a peek at what's waiting for me - something so fabulous and all shiny and new, before I close the door on what was" No, that can't happen. Universe says close the old door - and then I'll show you the fabulous happiness I have in store for you.

In another sense it's as if you have crawled through a long tunnel, and when you come to the opening and daylight, you have to climb up to a new level. You squeeze through the opening and clamber up to this new place of being and learning. As you look around you nothing is familiar. Everything is different. And you don't like it one bit. You want what's familiar back. More security in that you think. But guess what - you cannot go back, you have to keep going. So you push through this mystical opening and stand up. It's at this point you begin to have new feelings, thoughts and experiences. New people come into your life and new teachers and you learn. You are reborn as a child and you become as a sponge once again. Entering this rejuvenating phase of your new journey - you can't help, amid the anxiousness and strangeness of it all, thinking how wonderful is all of life. And how blessed we are to have this opportunity for newness open to us. You can do this until you die. There is no age limit; you keep learning until you leave this incredible blue planet Earth!

I hope all of your new pathways and journeys are as magical as mine and that I have opened new avenues of thought about change for you. That's my wish and my hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment