Thursday, October 21, 2010

POSITIVE THINKING

I think it wise for me to tell you that I am moving on Saturday, from San Diego to Imperial Beach via Chula Vista. So my posts might be a bit erratic at best for the next few days. However, I did want to write on the subject of positive thinking before things get chaotic - no matter how organized you are - it's still a chaotic time when you move. Fortunately I don't have a lot of "stuff" so that's very good!

There is no doubt that life does get burdensome at times. Sometimes downright nasty. We all have up times and down times. But it's my experience that the more I get in line with the down times and start thinking in a negative way, sure enough the Universe will respond to my negative thoughts and subsequent feelings. The Universe only knows to say Yes, Yes, Yes to anything we ask of it. And so, if we say for instance "I have no money", or "Nothing ever works out for me"-  then we will lose what money we do have and nothing will work out for us. That creates more negative thoughts and more negative feelings - and along comes even more negative experiences and people.

So the best thing to do to stop the negativity is to start thinking about what it is you DO want. Even declaring it before you have it. "I have plenty of money and it flows easily and effortlessly to me" "I am so fortunate because everyhing is going my way". And the Universe says yes, yes, yes to those statements and feelings and life gets better.

But it's important to realize that being negative is the easy road. It's courageous to find the good in what you have or to see opportunities when things don't look good to your eyes. It's common for us to say that some people just seem to have better luck than we do. But if you drill down a bit more deeply, you will see that very often these "lucky" people have positioned themselves for good fortune by having an open flexible mind and thinking about what they DO want instead of what they DON'T want.

So how to get a flexible mind? Maybe start by considering that all situations have several perspectives. This requires a certain self-discipline which is hard to cultivate. But you can do it. If you do make the mental effort to have a more flexible mind, you will progress. You will be moving forward. It's like a ship in the ocean, as it gathers speed and moves through the water, that movement creates a momentum, and it would take an enormous effort for it to even change direction, let alone stop. That's what happens to us when we move forward to progress. We create a positive momentum that feels great.

There is nothing magical about doing this. It takes hard work and mental discipline, which can be exhausting. But the benefits and the happier life you live will be your reward.

I will be posting again very soon. Definitely after I move and settle down in my new surroundings. One day I'll write about the entire moving process - there's a lot involved - letting go - mourning - a lot to discuss at a later date.

Remember to be Fun Fit & Fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment