Thursday, October 14, 2010

FUN FIT & FABULOUS - #2 FIT

In our quest to learn the meaning of the words that describe me and my business, we have come to the word FIT. This morning I am going to write about what that word means for me and my business.The dictionary has many meanings of the word FIT. The one I like best, and that resonates in my own heart is "Sound Physically and Mentally, Healthy"

What that means with respect to being mentally sound is to be internally balanced. That's what you start with. If that state seems strange to you, there are things you can do to achieve it. Of course, a lot can depend on where you are with regards to life and living - what challenges you face - what kind of life you are living - and a host of other situations that either bring you down or lift you up. The point is, if you haven't begun to do it yourself, begin to question the actions and decisions you make and to notice the results of those actions.  That's all you do at first. Just notice. This can go on for a short or long time. My bet is that it will take a long time. This is your life's journey. Life is so short and the idea is to make it as pleasurable as possible. The man on the next treadmill to me yesterday, at the gym, told me he always put duty before pleasure. I immediately responded with compassioon, (I felt so sad for him!) and said oh but you must have  pleasure in life. I don't think he was with me on that though! Poor Dove.

I would advise looking at this as a Life's Adventure. I also think getting a special exercise book and writing about this journey would be extremely helpful. It really doesn't matter where you are in your life's journey, keeping a journal of how you are feeling is a really great tool to progress and and in so doing experience life more deeply.

Physical soundness means that you do everything you can possibly do to nurture and care for your body using all of the resources at your fingertips. Read and research about your body. It's an amazing machine - fantastic - there are no words to describe my reverence for the human body. For instance, when I learned what has to happen in order for a muscle to move - when we lift a weight or lift a child in our arms - I knew without a shadow of doubt that the Energy that Creates Worlds made it. It could NOT have "just happened" Go online and research the Sliding Filament Theory. It might inspire you as it inspired me.

So physical health means that you move your body, every day. The over 50 group no longer have a choice. If you want to live a long life being healthy you are going to have to exercise. The idea is to start slowly - once or twice a week for as long as it takes to create a habit. Habits take a long time to form. Think of the habit of brushing your teeth - you wouldn't think of not doing it, you get up in the morning and do it - don't talk about - it's just done. That's where exercise belongs in your life.

I will be writing a lot more about all sorts of subjects, including health & fitness so I hope you will come back to be with me. Today is still at the very beginning of what could be the most interesting part of your life. Just remember, as you get older it's imperative that you have FUN, that you do what's necessary to be FIT, and that you are FABULOUS, darling!

No comments:

Post a Comment